6.05.2010

OLSON--Week 1

Alright, so...it has begun. In a world where there are so many people and so many companies...I believe I have met my match! It wasn't through an online ad or by walking door to door...it was through a mutual friend, you might say... :) (shameless plug to networking!)

Olson Advertising Agency (oco.com), as you should know by visiting the given website (go ahead...do it...it won't waste your time...but it will entertain you), is located in Minneapolis, by the Walker Art Center, the Basilica , and Loring Park...what a neat combination of places to have on all sides!

Well, you may wonder how it feels to be working at Olson....to the untrained eye, one would assume that I am reliving kindergarden (by the cleverly placed name tags propped up on modern metal stands...sitting confidently on white office furniture that would make any cubicle roll over in its grave), elementary school (by breaking all of Olson's approximately 200 employees up into 12 tribes that are cleverly named, cleverly themed, and even more cleverly positioned to host tribal challenges that encourage behavior much like what can be found on NBC's show, "Minute to Win It," which enables the winning of jelly beans to be redeemed for "awesome prizes" at the end of the summer...I have also heard rumors about infamous dodgeball games), high school (by having a different tribe host an "all company"--but more like "all friend" BBQ out back in the newly bricked ally, which, by the way, looks more like a European country than Minneapolis), and college (by being surrounded by brilliant individuals, all who are all incredible at what they do, and so very willing to meet a little O-tern like me and tell my why they love what they do)...but that is all just to the entrained eye...

To the trained eye, you may ask? Well, I'll let you know when I get there myself..

How do I feel so far? Do you remember ever getting an assignment in a class that can only be described as "one of the hardest, but most rewarding experiences of my life," by past students? ...And then you end up sitting in that class the first day and get given that "hard, yet rewarding" assignment...but you have no idea how to start or what to do because you have not quite been given the next steps yet.....well, that is a bit how I feel...

...YET, I have this strange feeling that that is perfectly alright at this point (that, and the folks I work with told me that very thing)...

Sooo, I will keep going...enjoying every step of the process, and try to not get ahead of myself...enjoy the process...learn from everything...enjoy the process...take the pace as it comes...enjoy the process...

What a neat opportunity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment